COVID - 19 Update
CDF-Centro de Desarrollo Familiar, has provided mental health services to its community for more than thirty-seven years. Foremost in our hearts and minds is the well being of the clients we serve and the therapists and staff who provide the services for them.
During this unprecedented period of uncertainty and concern caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, CDF—Centro, Inc. is implementing modifications to its services for the purpose of protecting health and safety of its clients, its staff, its therapists, and the community at large. Additionally, these changes are necessary to comply with the mandates of the state of California and the County of Los Angeles.
Every effort will be made to continue to provide services to as many clients as possible. Beginning the week of March 16, 2020 the following policies and program modifications will be implemented:
• Individual therapy will be conducted whenever possible through tele-therapy. If in-person therapy takes place by appointment only, social distancing practices will be observed.
• Group therapy will be practiced through tele-therapy, when possible. Other group modifications will be made when allowed by governing bodies regulating the groups. Please contact the office by telephone, if you have questions regarding your group.
• Until notified otherwise, groups for victims of domestic violence will be suspended.
• Intakes will be processed by appointment. Please contact the office to arrange a time.
Safety of office spaces will be kept clean by ensuring that surfaces such as door handles, table surfaces and chairs will be disinfected regularly. Additionally, clients and staff are politely directed to wash their hands frequently and maintain appropriate social distancing. Minimizing contact with others is an imperative. In view of these requirements,
• persons exhibiting any symptoms of illness will be politely asked to go home;
• only one person at a time will be permitted to enter the office lobby;
• persons waiting to enter the office, should observe the social-distancing “red lines” premeasured 6 feet apart provided in the hallway for your guidance;
• clients are asked to only come to the office if you have an appointment;
• clients picking up documents for a group, are asked to please call ahead of time;
• clients picking up other documents, please contact the office to make sure the documents are ready and to schedule a pick up time;
• clients and staff are reminded that congregating in open indoor spaces and hallways is discouraged—once your needs are met or your work is done, go home.
Working together, we will come through this difficult time. Stay safe, stay healthy, and wash your hands.